28 May 2010

A Sweet Potatoes P.S.

Truth be told, editing the Culinary Trail (and website) well, makes me hungry.  Yeah, yeah, cry me a river, right?

Especially when I have to add horrible, horrible entries like Sweet Potato Sweets in Vardaman, Mississippi  (That would be a joke... for those in doubt see previous post here).

Vardaman is the sweet potato capital of the world and for all intents and purposes, I might look into relocating - I mean, since we're moving this weekend anyway and our life is packed in boxes at the moment - it's really quite convenient.  (I wonder what my city slicker husband would have to say about that?)  We could even live on Sweet Potato Street. Surely there's a place next to the shop, don't you think?

Cooks Daphna Cook and Karen Wright are married to local farmers who supply all the fresh ingredients for their made-from-scratch recipes like sweet potato fudge, sweet potato pecan cheesecake, sweet potato sausage balls and whatever sweet potato cocoons might be (it's not for me to question, because you know it's divine, no questions asked).

I have been making a running list of sites to visit and though it will be a terrible inconvenience, if I'm in the area next month, I might have to stop by for research purposes...  :)
Picture from the Sweet Potato Sweets website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...