14 June 2010

Warp Speed Kind of Summertime

Walter and I celebrated our 6 month mark of being married, which arrived at the same time we moved to new digs.  So, since things from our refrigerator were going to be transferred from our freezer to the other house, we decided not to wait until the year mark to see how our cupcakes held up!  heh heh

The cupcakes were still decadent. I hadn't wrapped the red velvet one as well as I did the German chocolate so that one was kind of dry; but the cream cheese icing was still divine!  The German chocolate was the hands down winner by default.  Needless to say, we scarfed our anniversary cupcakes down.
I recently completed a week-long documentary film workshop and had such a great time.  Jackson native Chandler Griffin and his wife, Alison Fast with Barefoot Workshops came to us and gave us an intensive tutorial - and when I say intensive, I mean intensive.  Usually the workshops they conduct are 2-3 weeks long to learn all the information but ours was just a week.   

It's impossible to list it all but we learned how to operate the cameras, put together a story, interview our subjects, and edit.  There was so much to learn in such a short span of time but our excitement outweighed everything else.  Hard to go back to normal life after realizing there are so many stories to be told.  You end up looking at everything a little differently, too, watching light and composition - and thinking, I wish I had a camera to capture that!

After 3 days, the conference room we worked in looked like our very own version of a "war room."  It was great!  Here are a few shots when we were learning about our cameras:
I'm wrapping up my film and looks like we'll have a screening later this week (I think).

This month is chock full of interviews, workshops, road trips and more.  So I'll try to post as often as I can.  Hope everyone is having a terrific summer so far! 

What kind of activities are filling up your summer months?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...