05 July 2010

Roadside Cemetery

I absolutely love cemeteries.  The house in which I grew up has four acres around it and on the border of one side was the old Hernando Cemetery.  It was such a fascinating place to explore and read the tombstones, wondering about the people who lived in my town long before I was ever a thought.

During my trip to Crystal Springs and Hazlehurst in April, I passed a small burial site on Highway 51 that really seemed out of place.  Or rather, it was really the highway itself that was most of out place since it ran so near to this spot.  

I am very curious about who these people were and what used to be around there!  They are members of the Miller family.

Highway 51 is to the left in the picture below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...