23 July 2010

Friday Fun: Trains

After going through some of my pictures from the last year, a pattern began to emerge.  I get snap-happy about trains.
This was from my visit to Pocahontas.
The train tracks in Indianola from my trip during the fall. (I meant to post pictures a looooong time ago and never did.  But I'm trying to catch up.)
I was really determined to see where the Southern crosses the Dog in Tutwiler that day but didn't make it after all.  So, that's why I took one more photo looking down the tracks.
This yella train was traveling alongside me as I was on my way through Arkansas to visit my sister.  He blew the horn at me and waved since I stopped on the side of the road. 

So colorful!
On my way back from Arkansas, I stopped at the Heathman Plantation on Highway 82 (between Greenville and Indianola).  You can see some other photos of the plantation on the Visit Mississippi Travel Blog.
This one is my absolute fav.
I think of all the railroad lines in the state that have all but dried up and wonder what it would have been like to hop into the passenger car for a day trip or for maybe a longer journey to find new opportunities in a bigger city.

Speaking of Arkansas, we're heading that way this weekend for a special birthday party.  My niece, Drew, is turning 1! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...