14 July 2010

Blurry

When I'm on the road, more often than not, I drive right on past little scenes that are worth exploring.

On I-55 North around the Coldwater River bottoms (approximately 8 miles from Hernando), there is a silo overgrown with kudzu in the middle of a field that always catches my eye.
And I always want to stop in Como because that is where family from my Dad's side is buried.  Soon, I want him to take me back there.  This is the side that was here in the early 1800's.  Truth be told, I would like to visit Mississippi Fred McDowell's grave, too, while in the area.

One thing Walter and I would like to do is save up for a kayak like the one we used at Sea Camp.  

It'd be great kayak in the Coldwater River (on its way to being a designated Blueway) and all through the bottoms.
Keep telling myself next time I'll take the time to stop and explore.  That's my intention on future road trips - to give myself enough time where I won't be in such a hurry to get to my destination.

Reminds me of Cindy Woolf's song "Blurry."

Does anyone else do this?

Also, the Choctaw Indian Fair begins today and goes through Saturday.  I can't wait to watch more stickball!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...