03 April 2009

Work Space

QB and I began renting a lovely house in January. It is similar to the ones we both grew up in: older, drafty, hard wood floors and high ceilings. (Picture, at left, taken by QB)

Before this house, I was in a small garage apartment just three houses down from where we are now. So, imagine my delight at the prospect of having my very own room to decorate for creative/office space! Although boxes are still piled on the floors - my friends have said it usually takes a year to really settled in to a space and we're going on 4 months - I have put a few prints on the walls.

There are two prints I bought from a seller on Etsy, badbird, that appeal to my whimsy but still convey my journey into my own strength. (They would also make lovely prints for a child's room as well)


The other print I bought was from a seller named Geninne who lives in Mexico City. I fell in love with "Don Matias," who has since been christened "Hugo." Hugo is my wise owlie friend that has visited me several times in my neighborhood. I found the print during a frenzied online search for owl prints and instantly fell in love with him! He had already been sold by the time I found him in Geninne's Etsy shop. I got in touch with her and asked if there would be any chance that she would print more. She told me that she decided to do second editions of several of her lovely birdie prints - they are SO cool - and I got the first of 50 of the second helping of these fellows:

When we get around to painting the rooms, mine will be green. My mantra lately has been "Green for Growth!" My friend and old landlady (makes her sound ancient! she's not) down the street has a terrific green on the walls of a room which has been stuck in my head for months now. It's very bright but also deep and rich and changes in the light depending on the time of day. I will have to get some color samples and experiment for a while before I commit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...