07 September 2010

What? Who? Oh yeah. Me.

I have been MIA.  

Oh.  You noticed?

Well, it so happens that since May I have been fighting some kind of non-sinus (so the x-rays say), apparently allergy-related thing that has morphed into a respiratory funk complete with stopped up nose, a bit of low grade fever here and there, a touch of laryngitis with a side of rattly chest and cough.  

Don't ask because even I don't know what it is, where it came from or why it won't go the hell away after 3 separate rounds of meds*Update: As of this morning, make that FOUR and a fever of 99.7*

Seriously.  I give.  Needless to say, I've felt under-the-weather and not my bright, squirrely self.  (Just ask the poor husband.)  It also puts a wrench in my singing and performing for the moment, too, but you won't get away with it for long whatever-you-are!  

Now for a word from our sponsor:  (If you haven't heard my music yet, pop on over to my Facebook page, or the MySpace page or even at Cellular South's EMERGE artist website.)

In the meantime, I've been revamping my diet and nutrition.  So instead of playing damage control, I'm trying to get a consistent thing going with vitamins, getting off of caffeine and trying this to see if I can turn this annual crudfest into a healthier me.  (Will let you know how it goes)


So, in the meantime, I've got so many stories and just as many photos to share with you from the past few weeks.


Like these from the 3rd annual watermelon party.  

It was a smaller affair this year but still lots of fun.  I will now tempt you with photos of my watermelon salsa...!

It was deeeeeelicious!  

I want you to feel the full effect.  Here's the party set-up...complete with watermelon sweet tea (with Smith County yellow watermelons), a crock pot going with watermelon-marinated chicken (for soft tacos), watermelon vodka slushies, watermelon mojitos, and more.

What fun!  Next year, you'll be on the invite list for sure.
 
No doubt if you have friends in the area, you'll have heard about the lovely fall-esque weather we have been enjoying.  A friend burst my bubble yesterday and said the hotter weather was coming back.  I don't care!  Summer let its guard down and we found her weak spot.  

My Mother called recently to rub in the fact that she and my dad been making apple/pear butter and preserves.  Which is basically serves as a fog horn through the night, calling my soul home to Hernando.  Won't be long at all until I've got some in my grubby little paws.  Heh heh! 

Hope that your summer has been a good one!  

What do you have planned for fall? It's State Fair season (and yeah, ok, football, too)!

Going to the state fair??  Here's what we did last year at the Mississippi State Fair.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...