20 August 2010

Summer makes you dream of...a cooler time of year

When the weather is, well, like it is outside - with its heat advisories, hitting triple digits and making us sweaty messes - it's always refreshing to find these pictures from springtime.  Back to a time when we were young and innocent - or rather, when we were in denial about the summer weather about to hit us in mere weeks. 


Our cats definitely miss getting to hang out on the screen porch at our old house.  I miss it, too, but what they don't know is that a screen porch is in the works at our new place!  Have I introduced my cat, Greta, to you?
Dandelions and little purple things on the edge of our old yard.
These pictures were from a walk around the neighborhood at the end of a pretty day.
And the wisteria was in bloom.  It's nice to look at these pictures while we are in the middle of dry Texas landscape!
These folks had a gorgeous yard overgrown with all sorts of colorful flowers.
Below is the mural at Laurel Park, the park in the Belhaven neighborhood.
Here's a montage of flowers made out of plastic soda bottles!  

This is one of my favorite spots in the world.  My parents' house in Hernando.  My Mom's bird feeder and her favorite May Pops.
I don't know what those purple flowers are but they pop up everywhere in our yard at home.  They smell so good and the color always stands out against the lush green grass.
Here's a close up of them.  Anyone know what these little wild flowers are?
Below you can see the old barn and pasture where my horse, Buddy, used to live.  He was the man in my life for a very long time (at least during high school!).
Now my dad keeps his tractors in the barn.  He's recently been finding old vintage tractors and refurbishing them.  He rides them in the local Christmas parade and is a part of a local tractor club. 
There he goes!  A common site is Mr. Gene on his tractor getting ready to till in the garden.
But this part of summer also gets me thinking (and longing for) of crisp fall air - regardless of the fact that it doesn't really hit until October or November but I can still dream! 

I will be back in action come Monday with lots of new adventures to share.  Have you had some fun summer adventures, too? 

Hope you've been having a good week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...