11 September 2010

Bwak!

Happy weekend! 

Had a great afternoon yesterday scouting some locations for the Film Office and during the last leg of my rambles, I had to go back by this place and take a photo.

And well, it almost made me run off the road when I first saw it.
Heavy Metal Chicken

(Completely random aside:  My old boss races Thoroughbreds and let me name one of his horses.  He nixed my suggestion of Heavy Metal Drummer.  Me and the recording engineer, Kent, were very disappointed he wouldn't let us indulge ourselves with a Wilco namesake.  So I named him after a Johnnie Taylor album Good Love.  Not nearly as exciting but still cool to get to name a racehorse!)

Ok, so back to the chicken.  It was huge - probably about 7 or 8 feet tall.  

I am going to have to make another visit to this little place.  There wasn't a sign with a business name but it's located on Highway 471 in Brandon.  They have lawn art of all shapes, sizes and persuasions as well as handmade chairs (could be bamboo, could be kudzu) and who knows what else out there.
Now, to the untrained eye, this might look like junk.  
 
But to the knowing insider that place equals some cool finds.  If I had a place to put it and my husband wouldn't disown me, the chicken would come home with me.  

Can you picture it:  A larger than life chicken strapped to the top of my car making its way back to Jackson?  

I'd do it just for that experience alone.   

2 comments:

Karen said...

Just stopping by. I had went to MS blogs and found you. This looks like an interesting place to visit.
Karen

Grits-N-Soul said...

Hi Karen - I'm so glad you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...