19 February 2010

A Rose By Any Other Name

There's a ton of stuff I want to write about but it's going to have to wait until I have a little time (ha...we'll see) this weekend.

So, I'll leave you with this to chew on:

QB and I had a discussion a few weeks ago about the fact that macaroni and cheese is not a vegetable...but it is a standard daily "vegetable" featured as such on home cooking and soul food menus everywhere (everywhere in these parts, at least). 

So, what do you think?  Is mac and cheese a veggie?! 
(I sorta think it is.  haha)

Mac and Cheese "boutiques" are popping up...it's not a bad idea.  It takes the powder packets in a box to a whole new level.  Read about it here!

4 Cheese Mac N Cheese with roasted garlic & slab bacon
heaven.
 (Found this picture by Plaid Ninja here.) 

4 comments:

Katie McClendon said...

I want to make this:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/fancy-macaroni/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pioneerwoman-full-rss-feed+%28Pioneer+Woman+FULL+RSS+FEED%29

Maybe we need a Mac and Cheese theme night? I also had lobster mac and cheese in St. Louis. Amazing!

Grits-N-Soul said...

That recipe looks delicious. I've made a couple of different mac n cheese recipes that have turned out pretty well...and that would be a great theme!

the southern hostess said...

Yum! I could go for some right now. I definitely treat mac and cheese like a vegetable, a very delicious vegetable.

Grits-N-Soul said...

I totally agree!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...