18 February 2010

Chère printemps...

Dear Springtime, 
you are dearly missed!

I would be more than happy
to trade my mittens for an afternoon on the porch
listening to chatty birds and people traffic,
swap the socks on my cold feet 
that pad across the hardwood floor
for walking barefoot on the cool grass,
or even a t-shirt and sandals
instead of a coat with a scarf wrapped around my neck,
(that's layered over a sweater and heavy pants
that's over a pair of tights to keep my legs warm),
and I'd give you a night bundled up in a blanket
for a bottle of grape Nehi with a red-striped bend-y straw,
flying a kite in the breeze
and
warm sunshine causing a resurgence of freckles
on my nose.


I'm juss sayin'.

1 comment:

Grits-N-Soul said...

Thanks for stopping by, Alan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...