05 February 2010

A Friday Frame of Mind

A post with a little Friday randomness for you.
 
I'm excited to report that my first article in DeSoto Magazine, "The Age of Canaletto", is out on newsstands in North Mississippi.  You can click HERE and "flip" through the pages to read it - or at some point come over to my house to get one because my Mother might very well pick up 50 copies like she did when there was a feature story on my film!  haha  (She has been instructed to pick a few up, in other words.)  The article is on page 26.

Why have I just now heard of this?!  Better late than never.
This is a really cool site I want to explore and play with at some point.  Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt started this project five years ago:  hitRECord.Org  It might be a great outlet for my finished film - and for others of you who enjoy music and film!  You can get a special JGL tour and see the space they set up at Sundance - oh man.


Next week in NYC, more specifically, at the Museum of New York City, The Division of Tourism, Mississippi Development Authority and Southern Foodways Alliance are partnering to bring a discussion about The Great MigrationSouthern Cooking in New York City.  John T. Edge will be moderating the discussion.  I am very resentful towards the sweetest supervisor in the world because she's going and I'm not!!  :)  Ah well, whaddya gonna do?
  (I honestly can't remember where I found these photos online.  Shame on me.)

Everyone around here is naturally stoked about the Superbowl this weekend.  QB and I are looking forward to the party and the food.  I married a man who could give one about football just like me.  Happiness! 

I'm one of those girls who a. didn't have any brothers b. my dad never watched sports on TV, he was a Discovery Channel/Wild Kingdom sort of guy c. the only football terms I recognize are "touchdown" and fumble" d. the game confuses me.  e. honestly, I may offend people when I say this but I just don't get the big deal.  Yes, I'm from the South.  Yes, I grew up in Mississippi where football is part of one's religious denomination and my church like so many others had a Superbowl party each year (but I never went).

Admittedly though, I'm sorta curious about the Superbowl this weekend.  But that's all you're going to get outta me!


I MUST SEE THIS FILM
Anyone who is a female creative might be interested in watching the trailer.

And the cool Trolley Stop Market is coming to Memphis soon -  opening in mid-April and it will be very much like Jackson's Rainbow Co-op with a cafe serving breakfast and lunch. 

I want to live in a place that has trolleys.  They're so much fun.  Sometimes (no, all the time) I really miss Memphis and Trolley nights Downtown...
 Cheers to the weekend! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...