01 October 2009

I {heart} the Mississippi Delta

I have a great pin fastened on my bag that says "I {heart} the Mississippi Delta."

That's where I am going tomorrow: Indianola, Greenwood and Greenville. I've driven through lots of times on my way to Arkansas, but haven't stopped long enough to explore.

I'm meeting up with co-workers at the B.B. King Museum, lunch at Club Ebony, seek out hot tamales and koolickles and make lots of notes on restaurants.

Lovely fall-ish weather rolled in this week with sunny skies and lower humidity. That's all a Southern girl can ask for is good travel weather so I can roll the windows down and have faith in the prayer: "Please give my hair some body this week." (humidity=lifeless hair)

I can only aspire to be as prolific and well-traveled as my new friend, Deep Fried Kudzu. Terrific blog and super sweet person.

It is my last hurrah before the Delta Culinary itineraries are officially published at the end of the month, God willing. Ha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...