08 April 2010

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka

No doubt you've already heard about Firefly Sweet Tea vodka
I went to our neighborhood liquor store, Kat's Wine Cellar, over the weekend and noticed the Firefly Vodka display by the register with several different flavors of airplane size bottles.  Happiness! 

At the St. Patty's Day Parade, I was able to try some sweet tea vodka (it wasn't Firefly and let's not go into the reason why I have no recollection what brand it was, ok?) and it was absolutely incredible.  It had the dark, strong taste of home-brewed sweet tea with a bit of the alcohol burn.  I am not the kind of girl who can handle straight liquor on the rocks but this was really sublime.

Needless to say, I've been dying to try this again - you don't have the heart of a real Southerner if you say it's not captured your interest - and there were quite a few different flavors to choose from including mint, raspberry, lemon, original and peach.  So, I picked up two lemons and two peaches.  (Should have also grabbed a mint but will try that next time.)

Now, I did add two to three ice cubes to water it down just a touch and it really helped bring out some of the flavor (and truth be told was easier for me to drink).  I love the peach flavor, so that was the winner for me, but I also enjoyed lemon, too. 

The Firefly website also includes recipes you can try and lets you upload your own, too.  One recipe is the "Blood-tea" Mary (with lemon flavor tea vodka) and it sounds incredible!

They also have regular vodka AND Muscadine Wine Vodka!  Sounds like they's some kindred spirits over thatta way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...