31 March 2012

What a Wonderful World

It's easy to think you're in a little bit of heaven here in Asheville. I take a walk outside every day unless it's raining. It must be my inner Mississippian because I have this urgency to enjoy the beautiful weather while I can (because at home, it never lasts long).  That being said, we've had a couple of warm days lately; and by warm, I mean, it's been in the lower 70s.  But then a spring shower will roll across the mountain and cool things off where you have to put a sweater back on in the evenings.  It's really nice!  


Will I ever be able to go back?!  Heh.  We'll see about that.  We will be heading back to Mississippi in August and it will be a true test. (I already kind of know how it's going to turn out.)


Dogwoods are in bloom just in time for Easter. The mountains are waking up and coming alive. I think we moved here at just the right time of the year and can watch everything bloom around us.


It's hard to believe that next week we'll have been in Asheville two whole months!  


I've been spending my days sending out resumes and doing the job search thing (like a mad woman, I might add) and in the between times writing, being outside and playing music.  


We're looking to get a dog but in the meantime, our resident pooch belongs to our roommate, Logan.  Her name is Maggie Mae and she and I have become besties.  She's a Golden Retriever and I try to take her on walks when I can, which is fun.


There's a favorite park where we take our walks that is right on the French Broad River.  It's really beautiful.  Sometimes there are kayakers on the water, other times people are fishing off the bank and other folks walking their dogs. It's a lovely little spot.







 Who's walking who??
 Awww! Maggie Mae!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...