05 March 2012

The Big Move

Long time, no blog post, eh?  It's been three weeks since the big move to Asheville, North Carolina.  What an adventure!  We're all unpacked, have the house set up and are ready to go exploring our new hometown.


Before we left, I went home to Hernando (MS) to spend time with my family.  I just had to get a few pictures of the old home place, especially with the daffodils (one of my favorites) blooming.


This is the horse barn turned tractor shed






Per my request, my Dad built a bonfire and we roasted hot dogs & marshmallows for smores!

My Dad pulls the nieces around the yard.  Wish I was between the ages of 2 and 8 again.


My Mom, my niece, Drew, and I surprised Anna-Kate at her school during lunchtime right before I left. 
I had to see this sweet girl one last time before my trip.
 Drew playing in the big hall at Anna-Kate's school.
 Drew pointing at an airplane overhead!


Here's a few pictures from our move day.



When you put it like that, I guess this is really happening!

On the other side of the ordeal that is ATL rush hour traffic. John is driving the U-Haul.
From the side view mirror POV.  Please don't tell anyone I was driving & taking pictures.


We finally arrived in Asheville, God help our haggard souls, pretty late that evening.  We spent the next day or so unpacking.  It was pretty cold and on Saturday morning we woke up to ...


SNOW!!!






Hey, us Mississippians don't see snow on a regular basis.  So, when it makes an appearance, we enjoy the heck out of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...