10 March 2012

Our Evening Visitors

Every evening, around the time the sun begins to set, we have a few visitors that wander through our yard.  


There are at least 8-10 wild turkeys that make the rounds through the neighborhood each day.  They are HUGE.  The closest I'd seen was the end result packaged for Thanksgiving dinner.  


A male circled my car at least 5 times the other day, pecking at it (no harm done, but it's pretty funny to watch), so I went outside to see if he might like snack.  Take note that they respond to Fritos Scoops (crushed), didn't really care for Cheez-Its or Mission Corn Chips.   


He hung around for a few minutes and gobbled at me a few times. I didn't want to get too close - I've heard they can be mean...God forbid we should have to go to the emergency room for a turkey attack...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...