29 December 2010

What are you doing New Years?

That song, What Are You Doing New Years Eve? is truly one of my favorite holiday songs.

Last year round 'bouts this time, I wrote a postlet (sort of like a piglet or naplet) about choosing a word for the year.  My 2011 word...well, it's chosen but I want to do a little more thinking before I say it out loud. 

My intent for the new year is harmony and balance, strengthening my strengths and not frantically spinning my wheels.  So, if you know of a word that encompasses those sentiments, shoot me a message.  If that stumps you, too, well...dammit!  I'll just have to keep thinking in the meantime.

If you're interested in choosing a word for the year rather than resolutions that fall through the cracks by the time January is even over, go to Susannah Conway's website and find out a little more about it (she's got a 2011 sheet but I can't seem to find the link and am getting bleary-eyed) and download the (free) worksheet right 'chere or try this one on Christine Kane's website for her (free) downloadable worksheet OR here's another one if you want to spring the $10 to try it out. 

Here's a cool end-of-the-year project you can participate in called Reverb10.  Seems really cool (if you're into that kind of thing)!

Husband always asks this question of his friends and family as the year comes to a close and I, in turn, will ask you: 

What are the top 5 memorable moments that happened in your life this year? 

Of course, there's going to be lots of things that qualify, but what hits the top of your list?

It's been a big year for me with lots of stellar moments to whittle down into 5 little spots but here goes (in no particular order):

#5:  Growing as a writer...

(recording a demo, knocking out gigs from the top of the state to the coast)
and as a storyteller through photography, video and blog.
#4:  Our 1st wedding anniversary
#3:  My trip to Horn Island over the summer
#2:  Attending a Barefoot Workshops session that taught me how to film & edit (and I finished the film my own darn self!)
#1: Starting my full-time position this month
with the Mississippi Development Authority, Division of Tourism!
I am a Special Projects Officer in the Bureau of Film, Music & Heritage. YAY!

Be safe, have lots of fun and I'll see you in 2011! 
~A

p.s. bear with me while I change the design of the blog (it's bugging the heck outta me) and get my banner back up at the top. I have been in and out of town so it has not afforded me time to tinker with the thing.  hopefully this weekend, i can sort it all out. 

2 comments:

CAM said...

I just love your Blog!! Congratulations on the full-time position with MDA (if they even use that acronym . . .) and hope you have a wonderful 2011!

Grits-N-Soul said...

Thanks Corby! That is the correct acronym as a matter of fact :) Hope y'all are enjoying your 2011 with lots of snow?? Wish we had some. Miss you lots!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...