01 June 2011

What I Miss Most About Memphis

Yesterday, not only did the Grits & Soul Band get some press in the DeSoto Times-Tribune and in the Jackson Free Press, but I had my first ever post as a guest blogger, too!


I Love Memphis Blog is written by a terrific gal named Kerri Crawford who works for the Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau.  We have been twitter friends for some time but it took us both flying into Austin for SXSW in March that we actually got a chance to meet up and talk.

Kerri is super cool and I absolutely love reading her blog.  She's officially on vacation this week and about a month ago, asked me to write a guest post for her while she is out. 

Here comes my disclaimer:  I post this  link a little sheepishly because I know my Jackson, MS peeps might get up in arms about my love of one city over the other.  Those who know me well already know this, but I have to admit that I didn't immediately fall in love with Jackson when I moved here in 2004.  There were several reasons for that.  (Ask me in person and I'll be glad to fill you in.) 

I guess the need to explain myself comes from the fact that I don't want my folks to get offended - because I love Mississippi and have a terrific life in my new hometown. 

So many opportunities have come my way since I moved here.  Hands down, it was the best decision of my life and it dramatically rocked my world.  I want you to know I have become quite smitten with Jackson; but you also have to realize the torch I'll always carry for Memphis.  After all, there's no place like home!

Read my blog post here.

1 comment:

jacksongirl said...

Girl, you know how I feel about Memphis. It's just a bigger Jackson, and I mean that in a really good way. That might offend some Memphians, but I always said that when I lived there. So it's ok to love them both a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...