11 April 2007

mopeds, french kisses, old friends & le sacre couer

over the weekend i spoke to an old friend of mine who jogged my brain about so many childhood memories and also mentioned 'amélie.' it definitely lent a 'cosmetric' quality to the overall experience (i don't think he'll mind if i borrow his word for a minute).

it not only reignited my ongoing love affair with france but it got the little hamster in my head running like mad on his squeaky wheel. my life has certainly come full circle lately: bringing me back to hernando, reconnecting with old friends, dusting off some old dreams and watching other aspirations turn into realities. it reminded me that i need not short-change myself in life or in any other respect---especially relationships, whether if be a friendship or otherwise.

and because i need the moment of escape...

i am going to take a moment to daydream of a parisian love affair of my own.

so...
here's to sexy roman noses,
kisses along the banks of the seine,
family-owned pâtisseries et les cartes postales.

i look up and across the table and he is watching me. we smile knowingly at each other and share a cigarette while people pass us by along the sidewalk. briefly we wonder where they might be going; but what truly matters is we both know this is exactly where we're supposed to be.

and hopefully a pigeon from above will not ruin the moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah. You rock. That's all there is to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...